Friday, October 8, 2010

Week 41: Patients

Dear Honeybee,

Baby Girl, we're officially "7 days late." But I'm not at all worried. We've had 3 "Non-Stress Tests" this week. And during each one, you were doing amazing! Simply amazing! I got to hear your strong heartbeat. And I got to see your beautiful face this week. 3 times! Every time I see you, my heart melts. Yes, you do that to your Mommy!

Today, I got my membranes scraped after our normal appointment. It hurt. I'm not going to lie. And I started to have some strong contractions. But it is all worth it, if it helps you. Our contractions have almost stopped. It's been a couple of hours. But I feel different. Like this could be the weekend we meet. :)

On Monday and Wednesday, we got to hangout with Uncle S. He didn't want us to be alone. So he hung out with us. He made sure we ate lots of good food. We also managed to do some shopping. Because we went out for a long walk. And while we were walking, we found some nice Baby Shops. I can't wait to take you there when you're born!

Yes, your Uncle S is just spoiling you rotten! I'm sure that you have more clothes than you'll ever wear. And you have so many toys. I can't wait until you are big enough to play with them. The more shopping that I do, the more excited I am to meet you. Yes, Charlotte, your Mommy just can't wait to meet you!

W is also excited. I can tell. He knows something new is about to happen. He has been super close to us lately. Just snuggling with us. Sleeping with us in bed. Well, sleeping while your Mommy tries to sleep. This week, that's been really tough. But I'm trying. But I'm sure W is ready to meet you too. The 2 of you are still playing your games. He puts his cold nose on my belly, and you kick. He licks where you've kicked. And you kick again. It's so exciting to watch! :)

This week was also my last week of work. I only worked 2 days. But it was tough to get through those 2 days. I was so tired when I got home. So I'm thinking, that means that you are almost ready to be born. Now, we just get to relax. And wait for the day when we meet.

This week has been all about patients. I have to allow myself lots of time. I'm moving a lot slower. It's difficult to eat and sleep. But I'm trying. I'm trying really hard. It also takes me a really long time to get places. Because it's hard to walk. And I'm out of breath anytime that I'm moving or talking. But like I said before, it's all worth it. Just to see your beautiful face.

Every morning, I wake up wondering if this is the day. And I go to sleep every night, just starring at your bassinet. Dreaming about the day when you will sleep in there. When I can lay in my bed and watch you sleep. I'm very excited for that day to come!

But I've learned patients this week. I know that I have to wait. That only God knows when we are going to meet. That no matter how ready I am to meet you, you're just not ready to be born. It must be comfy inside! But your Mommy will have lots of patients. And I'll wait as long as I need to. Because I want you to be healthy and happy when you're born. Stay comfy as long as you need to baby girl!

Love,
Your Mommy

No comments: