Friday, September 24, 2010

39 Weeks



•Baby Girl, the lanugo has mostly disappeared> That's the hair you had all over your body. But there is still a little bit on your shoulders, arms and legs. It's in the "protected" creases of your body. And it's supposed to go away on it's own. No need to worry!
•Your little lungs are maturing and surfactant production is increasing. You are now fully prepared to take on the outside world!
•Baby Girl, you don't have much room to move around. I can certainly tell! Things are getting tight in there. I never imagined 8 months ago, that you would be able to use your toe to grab my ribs, while elbowing my bladder. You have grown so much!
•Your body continues to lay on the fat stores, that will help to regulate your body temperature after birth. Not only do you have normal fat, but you are also getting used to a special "brown" fat in the nape of your neck, between your shoulders and around organs. Brown fat cells are important for thermogenesis (generating heat) during his first weeks.
•Baby Girl you weigh about 7.25 lbs and are about 19.9 in long.

Things feel so weird and different this week. Charlotte is definitely "dropping." And I'm feeling very different things this week. New movements. It's difficult to get into good positions to sleep in. And sleep is generally just hard to come by. I've noticed that I've been really tired lately. Everything just exhausts me. But walking around, always makes us feel better.

I can also tell how Charlotte is running out of room in there. I feel her little feet in my ribs all day and night. And I can feel her moving around further down too. It's so weird to get all these movements at once. But it's so comforting to feel Charlotte moving around inside. H

No comments: